Using Candle Tins to Organize Those School Supplies
How is it that the kids are back in school already?! Part of helping the kids have a successful school year is getting them a proper, but fun, workspace to complete homework. If those pencils, markers, scissors and glue sticks are getting out of control at your house like they are at mine, here are a few really fun ideas of for repurposing our candle tins and staying better organized this school year.
- The simplest of all solutions is to use the tins as-is. Just set them out on the workspace and they can easily hold a variety of materials.
- If you want to go a step further, add some paint, glitter or ribbon to the tins. Let the kids decorate!
- Go vertical by utilizing a pegboard or attach tins to the wall for a great school supply storage option that doesn’t take up desk space.
- Wrap a silicon keyboard like this one around the tin for a fun, unique look.
- Use pencils, markers, crayons, etc. and glue them all around the tin for another unique and kid-friendly design. Colorful rubber bands wrapped around the outside can also be a nice touch.
- Add some energy into the space by using the tin for a small plant or flowers.
- Make a desk lamp! Seriously, purchase a small, inexpensive desk lamp. Simply remove the shade and replace with your candle tin.
- Do you have flashcards laying around everywhere? Our tins are the perfect size for collecting small index cards.
- Small, healthy snacks like granola bars fit perfectly in our tins and mayhelp keep them from entering the kitchen every two minutes, asking for a snack. It’s worth a try anyway!
Any tricks for staying organized this school year? We’d love to hear your ideas!